Saturday, February 20, 2016

One More Day

While I planned to release the next update tonight, it'd be better if it was released tomorrow. The reasoning is, I'd like to spend an additional day to make sure everything is plugged up and fully functional. Since I get the most work done during weekends, I'd like to use the rest of tonight and some of Sunday to get some of this worked out before releasing.

The addition of sub-races changed a little bit regarding perks and the back end, and I need just a little bit longer to make sure everything is running smoothly. I'm also implementing a way to get a vague idea if a location violates your options, which should help both with exploration in the new areas and in future changes where events can be modified into something else via perks/stats.

I hate to miss deadlines, but the alternative is releasing a build potentially buggier than any previous build, and I don't think that's acceptable.

4 comments:

  1. Honestly it was pretty surprising how well you kept to your own self imposed draconian deadlines, pretty much every other h-game developer plays fast and loose with them.
    So don't sweat it, you're not answering to anyone. Just give us work you're happy with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope everyone feels the same, because I missed this one, too. When it comes to deadlines, I think I've just been trying to ride the momentum, but I'm going to cool it on predictions if I'm going to miss them like this.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sorry, it won't be here today.

      Later today, I'm going to post a poll about the last element I'm hung up on to see what everyone else thinks.

      Delete